Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Foal Team

My friend Caroline convinced me to sign up for Foal Team. It's essentially a class that counts towards credit 3rd year, but mostly it's for experience dealing with horses. We're on call at certain times to go in and help monitor baby foals that need ICU kind of supportive care. It sounds pretty interesting.

However, the coordinators randomly assigned groups and group leaders... and I'm stuck being one. It's a little bit of a raw deal, especially given that I don't really know anyone in my group. However, I now have it divided up so that out of each 8 hour shift we're assigned, each group member is only on call for 4 of those hours (however, the ICU people will only ever call me, and I have to call the rest of the people. Boo!)


So, I'm hoping it will be an interesting experience, but I'm a little worried! My first on call shift is this Friday, from 4-8PM. (The whole shift is 4PM-midnight.)

2 comments:

Ivy said...

Aw, that sounds like such a great experience, though! I'm sure you'll be an excellent coordinator person!

Anonymous said...

I think this is cool and you will learn even more about horses! And it has an ahhhh factor - baby horses ahhhhh!!!!!

You will make a great leader!