Friday, September 26, 2008

Anatomy Exam, Round 2

I haven't been posting much lately because we just moved into the second round of exams. This time, we started with Anatomy, rather than ending with it.

I spent the whole week in pretty intense study mode. I think I learned it pretty well, or at least, did the best I could!

The exam went well enough! I don't look at the key posted afterwards, because honestly, it doesn't make much sense to just look at a list of terms disconnected from anything. I don't even remember what I answered for the questions by the time the key gets posted.


The most interesting part of the exam, though, was that I managed to get a skin reaction about halfway through the lab portion. I was sitting there at my questions (we rotate through stations every 70 seconds) scratching my neck like crazy. Eventually, Dr. Herman came over and asked me if I was ok. I told her that my neck REALLY itched and she looked at iy and said I was gettng some hives. She then brought me a damp paper towel and I rubbed it down, which helped a lot but didn't make it better. She then brought me some cortizone creme, which helped a lot. At least, it made it bearable to finish the exam! My head and neck still feel a little weird though!

I guess I am just really reactive to formaldehyde (which I already kind of knew, I just didn't know it was so extreme. It might just be getting worse as I'm exposed more.)

No comments: