Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Lab Animal Medicine!

I'm really excited!

I finally got elected for something not-by-default! I'm VP of the Lab Animal Medicine club, which as far as I can tell means I'm in charge of lining up speakers. This seems like an excellent networking opportunity for lining up summer internships next summer!

Also, largely, I'm thrilled to actually win a position. I didn't manage to get elected for anything at the beginning of the school year (granted, those elections were in the first like, 2 weeks of school, so they were pretty meaningless. "Well, I like her shirt best, so I'll vote for her.") And I got elected to the Student Chapter of the AVMA Executive Committee as Governmental Action Committee Chair because nobody ran against me.

1 comment:

Jax said...

Congrats! That's so awesome!