Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Surgery!

I’m really excited to be starting Surgery class. Granted, this semester we won’t actually get to cut anything. (I don’t think.)

But we do start learning the best way to hold our instruments. And the best way to organize and sterilize a surgery pack. And the best kinds of sutures to use. And how to tie sutures. Basically, we learn all the stuff you need to know to be a surgeon!

I have the added issue of being left handed, which is only problematic in that right now, all my tools are right handed. I’m going to be spending this semester deciding which ones I want to sink the money into ordering in left handed. Surgery tools are expensive enough; they’re even more expensive left handed.

I hope I can keep the multitude of similar, but slightly different, scissors straight!

No comments: