Monday, February 14, 2011

Technology

I've been thinking about technology- specifically technology for networking and communication- a lot lately.

I've come to the conclusion that, by and large, veterinary medicine is either uninterested or stuck in the past. For example, love it or hate it, Twitter is continuing to increase in prevalence as a way that businesses and organizations choose to connect with customers, consumers and otherwise interested parties. There are a handful of veterinary related organizations on Twitter (AVMA, AVMA's governmental relations arm, some individual animal hospitals and vets, a few professional organizations- Texas Veterinary Medical Association, American Animal Hospital Association and American Society for Veterinary Journalists are especially active- and a few vet schools with varying degrees of activity.) But overall, vets refuse to take the time to do it.

I, however, really love all of the technology that exists right now. I blog, I tweet, I post. I want more of my peers and colleagues to come do it with me!

No comments: